Tackability is another feature of all Tectum Fabri-Tough panels. They can be used repeatedly as bulletin or display boards without visible effect, making them ideal for work areas, conference rooms and classrooms. The fabric facing is composed of fibers that are manufactured from 100% post-consumer waste by EcoSpun®. Depending on mounting, the Fabri-Tough wall panel system can provide NRC’s from .50 to .90. Mounting is quick and easy via the internal spline system. The wall panel fabric is wrapped around the edges of the long sides to the kerf. Panels are installed by inserting the furnished vinyl splines into the kerf, then fastening the splines to the wall or other structure.
Tectum Décor Fabri-Tough Panels have fully wrapped edges and are attached using 20” Z-Clips allowing for panels to be strategically placed in a space as opposed to being attached consecutively. Tectum Fabri-Tough and Décor Panels have a flame spread of 25 or less under the ASTM E84 test method. Both panels meet the requirements of the room corner fire test (UBC 8-2 or equivalent) for use in areas not protected by automatic sprinklers. For panels to be used in recessed areas, some field adjusting may be necessary.
NRC/Mountings - Noise Reduction
Up to 1.00 NRC can be achieved depending on mounting style. Furring strips installed horizontally (when using
vertical panels) are recommended and should be a maximum of 24" o.c. when using 1"-thick panels.
- Tectum Fabri-Tough Wall Panels Acoustical (NRC) Data Download
- "A" Mounting
- "D-20" Mounting
- "C-20" Mounting
- "C-40" Mounting
- I-1 Fabri-Tough Wall Panel Installation Instructions (Kerfed)
- I-4 Fabri-Tough Wall Panel Installation Instructions (Décor) (Coming Soon)
- Fabri-Tough Wall Spline Attach Detail
- Tectum Plastic Spline Detail
- Fabri-Tough Décor Panel Attachment (24 Wide) Detail
- Fabri-Tough Décor Panel Attachment (32 Wide) Detail
- Fabri-Tough Décor Panel Attachment (48 Wide) Detail
- Finale Fabri-Tough Spline Attach Detail
- Finalé Fabri-Tough Décor Attachment Horizontal
- Finalé Fabri-Tough Décor Attachment Vertical
ASTM E-84 - Flame Spread/Smoke Developed
Tectum Fabri-Tough Wall Panels - 15 Flame Spread, 155 Smoke Developed
Both panels meet the requirements of the room corner fire test (UBC 8-2 or equivalent) for use in areas not protected by automatic sprinklers.
Tectum Fabri-Tough Wall Panels (kerfed) are available in a width of 24" and lengths of 24" up to 120". Tectum Fabri-Tough Décor Panels are available in widths of 24" and 48" and lengths of 48" up to 96".
- 1" - 1.65 lbs./square foot
- 1½" - 2.55 lbs./square foot
- 2" - 3.50 lbs./square foot
- 1.75 per inch of thickness
Tectum ceiling and wall panel measurements are plus or minus
1/8 - 1/4". Thicknesses are nominal. Panels that are to be butted must be beveled and will require field fitting or molding can be used to cover edges.
Tectum Acoustical Panels can be used over swimming pools and in open construction such as breezeways and open garages. They should not be installed where they will come in direct contact with water or condensation. Reveal edge panels (Tonico) should not be used for this purpose.
1" panels should not be used where the relative humidity will exceed 85%. Panels 1½" or thicker are not restricted by humidity conditions.
In all cases, the plenum must provide cross-ventilation to prevent condensation.