Control noise efficiently, economically and attractively in open plan, closed or mixed-use space with the Fabri-Tough II Wall Panel System. Efficiently - Tectum panels are known for sound absorption and abuse-resistance. Economically - these panels are competitively priced and will last longer than ordinary, soft- base panels. Attractively - the designer specifies desired fabric brand and pattern.
Fabri-Tough II Kerfed Wall Panels have the fabric wrapped around the edge to the kerf where a plastic spline is inserted for attachment to the wall. Panel ends are square cut but can be wrapped with the fabric as an option.
Fabri-Tough II Décor Panels have fully wrapped edges and are attached using 20” Z-Clips allowing for panels to be strategically placed in a space as opposed to consecutive attachment. Fabri-Tough II Wall Panels have a flame spread of 25 or less under the ASTM E84 test method. Panel components meet the requirements of the room corner fire test (UBC 8-2 or equivalent) for use in areas not protected by automatic sprinklers.
For panels used in recessed areas, some field adjusting may be necessary.
NRC/Mountings - Noise Reduction
Up to 1.00 NRC can be achieved depending on mounting style. Furring strips installed horizontally (when using
vertical panels) are recommended and should be a maximum of 24" o.c. when using 1"-thick panels.
- Tectum Fabri-Tough II Wall Panels Acoustical (NRC) Data Download
- "A" Mounting
- "D-20" Mounting
- "C-20" Mounting
- "C-40" Mounting
- I-1 Fabri-Tough II Wall Panel Installation Instructions (Kerfed)
- I-4 Fabri-Tough II Wall Panel Installation Instructions (Décor) (Coming Soon)
- Fabri-Tough II Décor Panel Attachment (24 Wide) Detail
- Fabri-Tough II Décor Panel Attachment (48 Wide) Detail
- Finalé Fabri-Tough II Décor Attachment - Horizontal
- Finalé Fabri-Tough II Décor Attachment - Vertical
- Tectum Plastic Spline Detail
- Fabri-Tough II Wall Spline Attach Detail
ASTM E-84 - Flame Spread/Smoke Developed
Tectum Fabri-Tough II Wall Panels - Class A\Class 1 (Component Tested)
Fabric Style and Color Selection:
- Custom Fabrics (Architect Selects)
Tectum Fabri-Tough™ II Wall Panels (kerfed) are available in 23 ¾" width and lengths of 4' up to 10'. Tectum Fabri-Tough™ II Décor Wall Panels are available in 23 ¾" and 47 ¾" width and lengths of 4' up to 10'.
- 1" - 1.65 lbs./square foot
- 1½" - 2.55 lbs./square foot
- 2" - 3.50 lbs./square foot
- 1.75 per inch of thickness
Tectum ceiling and wall panel measurements are plus or minus
1/8 - 1/4". Thicknesses are nominal. Panels that are to be butted must be beveled and will require field fitting or molding can be used to cover edges.
Tectum Acoustical Panels can be used over swimming pools and in open construction such as breezeways and open garages. They should not be installed where they will come in direct contact with water or condensation. Reveal edge panels (Tonico) should not be used for this purpose.
1" panels should not be used where the relative humidity will exceed 85%. Panels 1½" or thicker are not restricted by humidity conditions.
In all cases, the plenum must provide cross-ventilation to prevent condensation.