NRC/Mountings - Noise Reduction
Up to 1.00 NRC can be achieved depending on mounting style. Furring strips installed horizontally (when using
vertical panels) are recommended and should be a maximum of 24" o.c. when using 1"-thick panels.
- Tectum V-Line Interior Panels Acoustical (NRC) Data Download
- "A" Mounting
- "D-20" Mounting
- "C-20" Mounting
- "C-40" Mounting
- I-7 Tectum V-Line Interior Panel Installation Instructions
- M-40 Painted Head Drywall Screws (Shows Interior Panel Screws Patterns)
- T-60 Tectum Interior Panel Attachment Methods
- V-Line Detail
- Tectum Interior Panel Attachment Methods Detail
- Interior Panel Bevel Detail
- Interior Panel Outside Corner Detail
- Interior Panel Pool Wall Attach Detail
- Interior Panel Screw Attach Detail
- Interior Panel Spline Attach Detail
- Interior Panel Tongue and Grove Detail
ASTM E-84 - Flame Spread/Smoke Developed
Tectum Interior Wall Panels - 0 Flame Spread, 0 Smoke Developed
SIZES & FINISHES
Lengths from 2’ to 12’ with widths of 23¾" and 47¾" are available in 1”, 1½” and 2” thicknesses. Tectum V-Line Interior Panels are available in natural, painted white or custom colors, and can easily be field painted up to six times without losing their acoustical efficiency.
- 1" - 1.65 lbs./square foot
- 1½" - 2.55 lbs./square foot
- 2" - 3.50 lbs./square foot
- 1.75 per inch of thickness
Tectum ceiling and wall panel measurements are plus or minus
1/8 - 1/4". Thicknesses are nominal. Panels that are to be butted must be beveled and will require field fitting or molding can be used to cover edges.
Tectum Acoustical Panels can be used over swimming pools and in open construction such as breezeways and open garages. They should not be installed where they will come in direct contact with water or condensation. Reveal edge panels (Tonico) should not be used for this purpose.
1" panels should not be used where the relative humidity will exceed 85%. Panels 1½" or thicker are not restricted by humidity conditions.
In all cases, the plenum must provide cross-ventilation to prevent condensation.